6/18/07

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer


My girlfriend and I participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer for the second year in Chicago, June 2 & 3. This year to meet our fundraising requirements we decided to have a fundraiser. I made a couple of donation cans for the event. I think that they turned out cute..
We have such a great time during the walk. You meet so many great people and you hear some heart wrenching stories... Kris and I walked for my mother-in-law. She is a stage 3, 3 year breast cancer survivor... We are very lucky to have her here with us today to share in these great events... It is a 39 mile walk held over 2 days. It is held in a variety of cities so you should check it out....
Well here are a couple of pictures of the cans and from the fundraiser... ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Swamp Tulip said...

How exciting for you to participtate. I do the 3-Day Walk and it is by far the most rewarding event I have ever participated. This year I'm not walking until November in Phoenix.

Great job for participating.

Teresa