7/3/07

My Creative Room!!!!








Well, here are some pictures of my creative space. Almost everything in my room has come from some great garage sales. I LOVE TO GO TO GARAGE SALES.... I go every Saturday with my Mother-in-Law and we have a great time.

The Red cabinet was a gray mess but it had a great thick wooden top and it cost me all of $5.00. My husband does mobile paint and dent repair on vehicles so he has all the great paints and clear coat to make anything beautiful. The chair in the room came from a garage sale and also cost me all of $5.00. The little wooden cabinet with the 2 doors came from a garage sale and fit perfectly in the closet that I took the doors off of. That cost me all of $6.00. The tall black cabinet next to the red one came from an estate sale and ran me all of $10.00 and again my dear hubby was able to fix it up and make it look pretty too... I also found a Pampered Chef caddy at a sale and paid all of .50 for it and it works great for holding all of my pens, scissors, markers, files, tweezers anything of that nature. I found the Pioneer stereo at a sale also for all of $20.00 and it works great. I got the TV in the room for 5.00 at a sale and it works great for what I wanted it for. You can find great things at garage sales, you just have to go and look....

Not everything is from garage sales though. I asked for the 2 embellishment bins above the desk area for X-mas. They came from Menard's and they work great. The curtains came from Big Lots for all of $10.00 and the rug came from Walmart for $15.00.. We got the desk top also from Menard's when they had them on sale for 30% off all in stock counter tops and paid $25.00 for that. The desk lamp with the awesome shade came from Hobby Lobby when they had their great 50% off sale on lamps so that came home with me for $10.00.... I tried to do the room and not spend a lot of money and I think that I accomplished that and then some. You never know what I may come home with next weekend.....

Just thought I would give a peak into my creative heaven....

Have a great 4Th!!!!!!

3 comments:

Valerie Salmon said...

What a nice cozy space, Chanda. I bet you enjoy creating in it! :) {I clicked on your link from my blog. Thanks for your comments, btw.}

Anonymous said...

Yes yes, you have the greatest husband in the world. We've heard it before, stop bragging!!!!!

corinnesomerville said...

Love your crafting space !!! It looks so peaceful and relaxing :)

Have a good one
Roxy (aka Corinne)